BUILDING COMPLIANCE REPORT
By Fran Raimo
Building in WLE is still going pretty well. There were four less houses built this year compared to last year, but the fee permit was higher than 2021. We are currently at 1418.
This past October, the Building Committee revised the rules on Hot Tubs.
October 1,2022 Revision Spas, Hot Tub etc.
Spas, Hot Tubs, etc.:
Prior to installing or placement of such Spas, Hot Tubs, etc. the property owner/contractor of legal designee MUST apply in writing for a non-fee permit through the WLE Building Compliance Officer. Absolutely NO preparation work or installation is to begin until a permit is issued. “Spas, Hot Tubs, etc. MUST comply with all Pennsylvania Commonwealth, Wayne County, Paupack Township, Safety and WLE requirements.”
The Spas, Hot Tubs, etc. MUST adhere to the following:
- Hot Tubs, Spas Etc. must not be larger than 10’ x 10’ are not to be installed below grade and no fencing allowed. (BOD).
- “Swim Spas” will not be allowed. (BOD).
- Placement must be at least 10 feet from any structure, windows or doors.
- Placement must be above grade and remain within the property setbacks (Article V Setbacks).
- Placement on new or existing deck requires architectural design to meet the requirements of Paupack Township building codes and Electrical Permit issued by the Township. Proof of such approvals must be submitted to WLE Building Compliance Officer.