SEWER TREATMENT FACILITY
The Water System provides your home with safe drinking water 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
The Sewage Treatment Plant is in operation 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
However our hours of staff operation are as follows:
Monday – Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm
Saturday 9:00am – 2:30pm
We are located where Indian Drive and Beaver Lake Drive meet at the intersection of Tomahawk Drive.
Tel (570) 689-7007
Brian Schan Director of Water & Sewer
Brian also serves on the Board of Directors for the LWWMD which is an assett to WLE.
Our department works very hard at providing good and safe water to the WLE Property Owners Homes and we strive in keeping the process and standards very high!
We would like to inform you of a few key points – please click the links to bring up more detailed information:
- Please conserve water! While water conservation is important year round we ask that you pay special attention the holiday weekends, especially Memorial Day, July 4th & Labor Day. The reason is high water usage during these times lowers the pressure quite a bit.
- Leak Tablets! If you feel you may have some water loss you can check your toilet with our leak tablets. We have them available in the office with instructions on how to use them. A running toilet can use thousands of gallons of water!
- Is Water the New Gold? Mostpeople do not realize we are approaching a water crisis and we find ourselves asking is water the new gold? Basic knowledge of water facts and a few helpful water conservation tips might help us to reducing the our water flows in the home.
- Turn off your water when leaving for more than 24 hours! Anything can happen at any time of year and if your water line breaks while you are away it has a pressure effect on the surrounding area as well as it can substantially damage your home.
- Winterize Your Home! It is very important that your winterize your home when you leave for more than 24 hours during the colder months. If your pipes freeze, they will expand and burst causing your home to flood and the cause the surrounding area to have a loss of pressure. This will also result in a fine from WLE. Click the following link for information on how to winterize your home. The following link is of the type of damage that has been caused by improper winterization.
- Water Line Insurance! Through WLE you can get a Water Line Insurance that protects you from your curbe valve to your home, in which you are responsible for. Payment is due by October 31 of each year. Please either call us or the office at 570-689-4721 for more information.